He entered Jericho and was passing through. And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector and was rich. And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature. So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was about to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for I must stay at your house today.” So he hurried and came down and received him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all grumbled, “He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner.” And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I restore it fourfold.” And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, since he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
- BELIEVE on Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- REPENT of sin and turn to follow Jesus.
- BE ASSURED that you have received salvation.
…Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved. Acts 16:31
Galatians 3:6-7; Romans 4:1-25; Colossians 3:1-17
- Zacchaeus was a chief tax collector.
- He had become wealthy by dishonest gain.
- He had a bad reputation, a “sinner”.
How He Came to Christ
- He had a desire to see Jesus.
- He did something radical and positioned himself to see Jesus.
- When Jesus spoke to him, he obeyed and welcomed Him gladly.
- His heart changed from greedy to generous.
- Repentance was seen. He wanted to make right what was wrong.
- He was assured of salvation.
Use the framework of the Zacchaeus story to share your own story within your circle of influence.
- What was your life like BEFORE you met Jesus?
- How did you come to know Christ?
- What has your life been like AFTER Christ?