And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.
The Widow’s Offering
- The poor widow was faithful to GIVE.
- Her gift was an expression of her LOVE for God.
- Her gift was an expression of her FAITH in God.
- The value of our gift is determined by our sacrifice.
- What should we be giving towards? The Great Commandment and the Great Commission
And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
2 Corinthians 9:1-15